Keeping Our Guests Safe
1st July 2020
We are delighted that we can open our two cottages in Haworth from 4th of July. We have undertaken comprehensive training specific to holiday lets and carried out Covid risk assessments for the cottages. We’ve always been very thorough with cleaning the cottages (as evidenced in our reviews), but now in addition to this, we have put stringent industry cleaning protocols in place. We’re proud to have been approved by VisitEngland for their “We’re Good To Go” Covid readiness scheme.
Some of our changes to keep our guests safe are:
✔️ ensure non-contact check in and check out
✔️ deep clean throughout every time following comprehensive checklists room by room
✔️ use anti-viral products and wash linen and towels at 60 degrees
✔️ follow stringent cleaning protocols set by the industry and government
✔️ leave a cleaning pack available for guests and ensure all welcome pack items are packaged
✔️ offer electronic/digital welcome book and tourist information
✔️ offer a no fee change of dates up to 12 months ahead should a UK wide or local lockdown affect your stay (see our new bookings policy below).
We hope this will give you peace of mind to book and stay with us. If you would like more detail regarding our cleaning protocols and standards, just get in touch.
To allow us to work within the new cleaning protocols, we will be implementing the following small changes to your stay:
- Where we have a same day changeover of guests, we would ask you to arrive after 4.30pm rather than 3pm. The extra time will allow us to complete our deep clean and disinfection processes.
- In addition to our usual linen change between guests, we will be completely changing duvets, pillows and any protectors.
- We would normally leave extra pillows, cushions and throws arranged on the bed. These will still be available to you, but cleaned within guidelines and packaged in sealed bags.
- A large percentage of bacteria brought into homes is brought in on shoes. We would ask that all guests please wear slippers (brought with you) or socks when you enter the cottage to minimise the risk.
- Books, games, ornaments and leaflets are difficult to completely sanitise. Rather than remove them all from the cottage, leaving it bare, we ask you to use your judgement as to whether to use these items during your stay. We will leave a notice to this effect.
- Hand soaps, hand sanitiser and a guest cleaning pack will be left for use within the cottage should you wish to re-sanitise areas during your stay.
- Our welcome pack will only consist of shop sealed items.
- Our guest information book and visitor book will be accessible digitally.
- We would kindly ask that upon checkout, our guests strip the beds and bag up the bedding and towels in a bag provided. This is to protect our cleaning staff from any potential contact with the virus (shaking down bedding and potentially releasing the virus into the atmosphere).
- Please do not consider travelling to our cottages if you feel at all unwell. We will contact you just before you travel to confirm you are fit and well.
- If you start to feel unwell during your stay, please contact the relevant medical services and also let us know straightaway.
- If a guest from your party falls ill, then the whole party must return home immediately to self-isolate under government guidelines.
New bookings policy
We have had to review many parts of our business as the situation with Covid-19 has developed, including our booking terms. After much thought, we have put the following in place:
- Your deposit of 30% is due upon booking, but the final balance is now not due until 4 weeks before you arrive.
- Should the area you are travelling from or to, have government-imposed travel restrictions in place at your arrival date, then you can move the dates of your holiday (up to 12 months ahead). This will be without admin charge or any loss of the money that you’ve paid. Depending on the cost of your new dates, you may either have an additional amount to pay or a refund due. If you have not yet paid your final balance, then this will be due 4 weeks before your new dates.
- As with all holidays, whether in the UK or abroad, we would still strongly advise that all guests take out travel insurance. We understand that policies may not cover for all eventualities under Covid-19, but this is something you should investigate upon taking out your policy.
For more details see our terms and conditions