We’re Open For 2021/22 Bookings
**Most recent Covid19 Update**
Feb 22nd Covid Restrictions Update – Great news…….We have a provisional reopening date of 12 April for single household stays and 17 May for two household stays. Stays of more than two households are provisionally from 21 June. We’re looking forward to welcoming guests again to Haworth, Yorkshire.
Until 12 April, we are still under lockdown restrictions. Therefore, we can currently only open Mulberry Cottage for those who fall within certain Government guidelines. These stays can be viewed on our ‘Blog’ page and also on the Government website.
Bookings can be moved or refunded if restrictions are in place at the time of your holiday (see below).
Covid-19 and Changes to Your Booking:
We recognise the need for some guests to alter their holiday arrangements due to the current situation with Covid-19:
- If Government-imposed travel restrictions are in place which affect your travel dates, you can amend your dates to a future stay, where there is availability. You will not be charged an amendment fee.
- Any increase in the holiday cost (due to seasonal variations) will be charged. Rates are available to view on our website.
- If your amended travel dates are cheaper, we will transfer the difference back to you if this has already been paid, or your final balance due will be reduced.
- In the event you select new travel dates that subsequently fall within Government-imposed travel restrictions, again there will be no amendment fee to amend your booking to more suitable dates or we will be able to refund your amount paid.
- Alternatively, if you feel unable to commit to new dates at the time but would like to still take your holiday at a later date, then we can issue you with a credit note for the full amount paid. The credit note can be used once you are more certain of dates. Differences in the new holiday cost will be charged or refunded as above.
Please note, we will only refund or transfer dates if Government-imposed travel restrictions are in place which affect your travel dates. If we are open and able to accept guests then no refunds will be given for disinclination to travel.
In the event of restrictions affecting the area you live in or if you are advised not to travel by NHS Test and Trace or have a current positive NHS Covid19 test, we can arrange alternative dates for your stay or offer a refund. Official confirmation will be required in these circumstances.
Protecting Our Guests:
We want to make sure that all our guests have the very best holiday whilst keeping them safe in these times. With this in mind, we have put in place new procedures for ourselves and guests:
We’ve always been very thorough with cleaning the cottage (as evidenced in our reviews), but now in addition to this, we have put stringent industry cleaning protocols in place. My housekeeper and I have taken part in extensive training to implement additional extensive cleaning and disinfecting processes. We’re proud to have been approved by VisitEngland for their “We’re Good To Go” Covid readiness scheme and have achieved The AA‘s ‘Covid Confident’ accreditation.
Some of our changes are:
✔️ ensure non-contact check in and check out
✔️ deep clean throughout every time following comprehensive checklists room by room
✔️ use anti-viral products and wash at 60 degrees
✔️ follow stringent cleaning protocols set by the industry and government
✔️ leave a cleaning materials available for guests and ensure welcome pack items are packaged
To allow us to work within the new cleaning protocols, we have implemented a few small changes:
- In addition to our usual linen and towels change between guests, we will be completely changing duvets, pillows and any protectors.
- We would normally leave extra pillows, cushions and throws arranged on the bed. These will still be available to you, but cleaned within guidelines and packaged in sealed bags within the wardrobes in each bedroom.
- Books, games, ornaments and leaflets are difficult to completely sanitise. Rather than remove them all from the cottage, leaving it bare, we ask you to use your judgement as to whether to use these items during your stay.
- Hand soaps, hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be left for use within the cottage should you wish to re-sanitise areas during your stay.
- We would kindly ask that upon checkout, our guests strip the beds and bag up the linen and towels in the bags provided (protectors, duvets and pillows can be left for the cleaner to remove and replace). This is to protect our cleaning staff from any potential contact with the virus (shaking down bedding and potentially releasing the virus into the atmosphere).
- In order to protect floors and carpets and limit the introduction of germs and viruses into the cottage, we would ask that all guests please wear slippers (brought with you) or socks when you enter the cottage to minimise this risk.
If You Feel Unwell:
Please do not travel to the cottage if you feel unwell. Please contact a doctor and/or carry out an NHS Covid19 test.
If you have a positive test result 10 days or less before your stay, or have to isolate as required by law, please advise us immediately. We can rearrange your holiday when we have received proof of your positive test or enforced isolation.
If you feel unwell during your stay, please carry out an urgent NHS Covid19 test and advise us if the result is positive. If required, guests can remain at the cottage until the end of their booked stay, but then must return home to continue their isolation and recovery. No refund will be available for any days not stayed at the cottage under these circumstances as the cottage will need to remain empty for 72 hours before stringent cleaning can take place at extra cost to ourselves.
In the unlikely event that we are not expecting bookings beyond your date to vacate the cottage, please contact us to discuss rates if you are wishing to remain in the cottage
**It remains important that guests take out travel insurance to cover for all known risks for their peace of mind. We cannot allow refunds or re-bookings in all eventualities. Please see our terms and conditions for full details.
Travel Insurance purchasing advice can be found in the following blog: https://www.gocompare.com/travel-insurance/guide/coronavirus/